The Bell Telephone exchange, Kemptville, 1939

This picture of the Bell telephone staff was taken in the summer of 1939. Reading left to right is Mrs. Doug Sommerville (Bowen), Miss...

Odd Fellows Hall, 119 Clothier St. East

Built in 1859 by Joseph Bower, a leading merchant in the community in the latter half of the century, it was run by Bowers...

Revolutionary resolutions

The Quebec Conference of October, 1864 is where the famous 72 Resolutions were drawn up. These, in turn, became the basis of the British...

The Ferguson House, 506 Prescott Street, Kemptville

This lovely house is a reminder of Kemptville’s past. In 1844, John Clothier sold 9 acres of land to John Rath. This property covered...

The settlement that passed us by: Part 4

As the War of 1812 was ending, steps were taken to bring in immigrants and disbanded soldiers to the Rideau area to form a...

Burritt’s Rapids

The photograph dates from around 1905 and shows the rapids which gave the village its name, along with the mills which gave it its...

Private Ernest Rupert Davie

Ernest Davie was the son of William and Charlotte Davie, of Oxford Mills, a mail carrier by profession, who enlisted in the 20th Battalion,...

Jones Building, Clothier and Sanders Streets, Kemptville

This building has a long and varied history. It was built by Francis Jones, a teacher and land surveyor whose family had moved here...

Prescott Street: village street and highway

The photograph shows Prescott Street at one of its high points, some time in the 1930's. It had not always been the main street...

Old Post Office Site Prescott & Reuben Streets

Before the fire of 1873, John Magee, a tailor, had a store on this site. After the fire, he built a new stone building...

Stay Connected

2,263FansLike
272FollowersFollow
268FollowersFollow

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MAILING LIST

"There is always something happening in North Grenville"
Every Wednesday we send out the highlights!