The 2019 Rural Summit Organizing Committee along with ITM Events proudly presents the 2019 Rural Summit. This special event will be taking place on Friday, April 12 and Saturday, April 13, 2019 at Parish Hall on the campus of the former Kemptville College at 830 Prescott Street in Kemptville, Ontario.
Interested in starting or growing an agricultural business? Or are you one of the many people that we call the agri-curious? The Rural Summit is your opportunity to learn, share and network with local farmers, business owners, public servants, politicians and related industry professionals.
The first day of the two-day summit will feature a keynote speaker, multiple plenary sessions, a moderated panel discussion and our signature farm-to-table lunch of local foods that last year’s attendees are still talking about. The second day will feature additional networking opportunities, hands-on workshops and a local food tour to help bring the bigger picture into focus. You’ll walk away with new information, practical ideas and tools that you can use right away.
Just some of the topics that may be discussed include:
- How to plan for farm succession.
- How to create a business plan.
- Tax benefits of running an agriculture-based business.
- Funding and other supports.
- Developing agri-tourism.
- Alternatives to traditional farming methods.
- Economic development opportunities in cannabis research and development.
From kitchen gardens to livestock operations to small-scale farms, local agriculture makes a big contribution to the local economy. Our job is to help you get the information you need to build a business that will support you and your family.
Conveniently located on Highway 416, Kemptville is just a 30-minute drive from both Ottawa and Brockville. We are looking forward to meeting with participants from all around Eastern Ontario!
Are you a strategic thinker and understand the marketing and branding opportunity that the Rural Summit could represent for you? Do you recognize the positive impact that the event could have for your business or organization and would like to increase your visibility at the event? We can offer you the chance to become either an event partner or a trade show booth vendor. Aside from gaining free access to this exciting event, some of the other benefits include:
- Collaborate with prospects and clients in a positive learning environment.
- Raise your corporate profile in a fast-growing commercial and residential market.
- Demonstrate leadership by being part of the growth of agriculture in the area.
- Access industry experts, influencers, decision makers and advocates of agriculture.
- Gain insight into current industry trends, agricultural policy and the future of farming.
No matter what your level of interest in agriculture, there’s something for everyone at the 2019 Rural Summit. We want everyone to see what’s possible and how you can contribute and be a part of that potential success. You don’t need to own a big farm to benefit from an agriculture-based business. You just need passion and a plan, and we want to help you with both of those. See you on April 12 and 13!
For event tickets and more information about the event, follow us on social media:
Facebook: Rural Summit – North Grenville